Friday Favorites - Everything's Changin'

I'm so unbelievably relieved that today is Friday!

This week was a tough week. The weather was beautiful but there was a heaviness in my heart this week.

That's because my manager (who is also my REALLY good friend) got transferred to a different location & we got new management.

I used to be pretty easily adaptable but I guess in my old age (lol) I've become someone who is resistant to change.

Hmm, I should probably research & write a blog post on how to become more flexible in the face of big changes....

Anyways, let's get positive, yah??

Friday Favorites, comin' right up.





THIS SNACK.


Whole grain rice cakes are where it's at, man.

Throw some Nutella and PB on there and it's kind of like a giant Reeses cup...

Kind of... not really.

Well it's still tasty & not terrible for me, so I'm on board! 


THIS SONG.

This song is so cool.

Sounds a little bit like Florence & The Machine, Birdy has a freakin' beautiful voice & the remix is a GREAT workout & Spinning song.

(if you haven't heard the original then check that out too, it's absolutely gorgeous).


THIS HAT.

If you don't own a big, floppy beach hat and you're 23 going on 55 like I am, then you need one in your life. 

I got mine at TJMaxx for $12.99. 

Don't you just love a bargain?

THIS BEAUTY THING.


Okay, if you have curly hair then you know that it is a HARD life. 

Like I see these tutorials on how to wake up with "effortless, heatless curls" by going to sleep with hair in a wet top knot.

Nope. 

Doesn't work for me. That's like asking for the worst hair day ever, curls going in 7 million different directions. 

If I absolutely HAVE to go to sleep with my hair wet, I actually sleep with it down and try not to lay on it. 

I almost always massage in a dollop of MoroccanOil  & then I rub this Dove Curl & Sculpt Mousse all over my head. 

(Although I can't seem to find the Dove mousse online to provide a link... if it's discontinued, I swear....)

THIS QUOTE.


Whatever that dream may be, & I have a lot.

Going to grad school, becoming a personal trainer, getting an A in my Anatomy course. 

Success doesn't just happen. It takes hard work!!!


THIS PERSONAL THING. 

Lately I've been realizing the importance of keeping in touch with great friends.

Life goes by so quickly that sometimes we so easily let awesome people slip out of our lives.

Keeping strong relationships is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING for living a long & happy life. 


Whether it's having an ACTUAL PHONE CONVERSATION, sending a letter/care package, going to happy hour together, or having a girls only movie night with popcorn & champagne...

keep your friendships as strong as your weekend margaritas. 

(I came up with that myself). 

- - -

There's the favs of the week! 

This weekend is pretty exciting... I have a baby shower to decorate for & attend tomorrow, then Sunday I was SUPPOSED to run in my first 5K but it's supposed to thunderstorm all day...

So I'm not sure yet. 

Luckily I was the biggest procrastinator ever in registering, so I have time to make up my mind. 

If not a 5K, then my good friend Shawn & I are supposed to have an epic gym session on Sunday morning. 

28 Bikini Body Challenge, still going strong! (& I am sore as hell from Wednesday's Day 1).

Follow me on Bloglovin || Stalk me on Instagram || Tweet with me here


No comments