A Christmas Mistake!

Happy Saturday! 

This week was an odd one. I somehow mustered the energy to go to the gym and do some killer workouts three days in a row! Monday was an intense heavy legs day, Tuesday I went to the gym after tutoring (so at 8pm, who am I???) and did back & biceps, and Wednesday was chest & triceps and 30 minutes of cardio! And I am honestly still sore.

I still plan to go to the gym today (fingers crossed) but I am feeling so lazy and also have a home to-do list that I need to get done. Involving putting away laundry and oh yeah, applying to grad school. I love being last minute for important things! I will also watch a healthy number of SVU episodes, Christmas cooking specials, and potentially How The Grinch Stole Christmas (third time now).


I wanted to take this opportunity to warn you about the dangers of Christmas decor shopping.

Because Target, Dollar Tree, and Michael's got me, and they got me good.

I went Christmas shopping last weekend in Connecticut with my friend Shawn, then came back to Mass and proceeded to spend another hundred dollars at the Target dollar spot. And now I can barely afford groceries! So beware, budget accordingly, and don't do what I did. Pictured above are my Dollar Tree & Michael's finds, but Target dollar spot is just glorious and irresistible.

There is something about decorating for Christmas that just brings me so much joy. I was talking about it with my friend Alicia today as we browsed Christmas Tree Shop about how it evokes the feeling of hygge. I am obsessed with this Danish concept!

Coziness, candles flickering, logs burning in the fire, knit blankets, comfort food, and friends all gathered around. 

Nothing like hygge for the holidays! Just learn from my mistakes and don't spend your Christmas shopping budget on fun decor alone. Oops!

No comments