The Friday Five

Hello Friday, and welcome back The Friday Five!

This week was ROUGH. Work was extremely overwhelming and all the shit I had to deal with yesterday pretty much sucked out some of my soul.

Working with kids is great and I love it, but there are some kids who are just beyond frustrating, no one can figure out where their bad behavior is stemming from, and even the principal is at a loss! So that's what we've been dealing with, ugh. Soooooo I decided that today I needed a mental health day because I knew that if I went into work there was no way I would have been able to give my students my best self, and I hadn't taken a sick day in a while!

I had a relaxing morning with Cosmo, watching The Grinch (for the second time since Halloween...), and cooked myself a healthy breakfast and lunch. I'm visiting CT again this weekend, so I was able to leave earlier than usual on a Friday and BEAT TRAFFIC!!!


Here are some of my favorite things that brightened this dull & difficult week:

01) This ridiculous, adorable Christmas cat house from Target. I got Cosmo a gingerbread one last year, and this year they have this double-decker Hot Cocoa Cafe with scratchers on the inside and on top. It was a little bit challenging to put together (I had to reinforce everything with tape), but how could I resist this? I plan to make this our Christmas tradition & get him the new one every year.

02) I have been loving two songs featuring the queen herself, Ariana Grande. Firstly, I randomly found Dance To This by Troye Sivan ft. Ariana Grande. What a mellow, sensual bop. Then there's the song that changed the break-up song game.  Fire!!!

03) As mentioned previously, I have already watched The Grinch on Netflix twice and it is November 9th. Bless Netflix for featuring this absolutely Christmas classic. I'm estimating I will be watching it approximately 35 more times before Christmas.

04) I get really into certain meals some weeks, and this week is just like that. I have been loving whipping up a quick breakfast burrito in the mornings - with egg whites, spinach, feta, salt & pepper, and a whole wheat wrap, this is literally the easiest filling breakfast (maybe besides overnight oats)!

05) Google Calendar!!!! I went absolutely ham color-coding, organizing, and setting up my Google Calendar earlier this week & I already have a good feeling that this is going to stick. I am notorious for not sticking to one consistent method of planning or setting reminders for myself. But there is something very satisfying about Google Cal syncing to my phone and seeing it all laid out on my laptop & feeling so in control of my life. Fingers crossed this sticks and helps me to adult a little more efficiently!

I will be spending time at home in Connecticut this weekend - helping a friend decorate her new home for Christmas (lol, yes already!), going to a hockey game with my parents, doing laundry, & hopefully working on some writing/grad school stuff.

I hope you have a great weekend! 




No comments