A Restless Soul


Probably the most frustrating part of being young, restless, and not having any money is the ache to just leave and go somewhere else; and not being able to afford it.

My family never brought us anywhere for travel. I have never been on a European vacation, a cruise, a Caribbean getaway, or an African safari. I've never even been to Disney World with my family, and the first time I flew on a plane with my parents was this past August to visit relatives in North Carolina. When it came to family vacations in my childhood, it was on the East Coast and we drove. Since growing up a little bit and having some (but hardly any) of my own money, I've been trying to see some of what this beautiful earth has to offer.

In the past few years I've been to:
Myrtle Beach
Oregon
Maine
New Hampshire (briefly)
San Francisco
Los Angeles
Costa Rica
Sunset Beach, NC
Atlanta



Before I started actively "traveling", I had only been to:
New York
Boston
North Carolina
Virginia Beach
Orlando, FL
Rhode Island
Now I would say the sky is the limit, but my bank account certainly doesn't agree. This is what is most important. 

You need to prioritize your life. 

What is most important to you? And there's no right answer. My boyfriend recently just bought a 2014 Mercedes with the bells and whistles for a what I view to be a ridiculous amount of money per month. To me, that money should be going towards paying off student loans and saving up for travel. But some people want fancy cars. And sometimes you can have both, if you're really bringing home the bacon. But anyways. 

In 2016 I want to go to: 
Vermont
The Grand Canyon & Horseshoe Bend
New Orleans
Canada
& on a cruise.

Can I do all of that?
It's completely and totally up to me. 



No comments