FF - The End Is Near




The end of my atrocious summer class, that is!

I have one week left. Not even one week, just six days from today. Both of my finals are this coming Thursday and I feel like a psychopath trying to fit in all the studying I need to do, while still making time for leading a real, human life.

This weekend I'm going to Boston to visit two of my best friends from college. I know this is insane considering that I should be spending every waking minute of my existence making flashcards, but one of these girls teaches for Teach For America in North Carolina and she goes back there next week. And I only see these ladies maybe twice a year! #justification?

So this week has been wildly stressful for a garden variety of reasons. I feel like a lot of people are in that boat with me. Are you? As a pick-me-up, here are some of my favorite things from this week, despite the whirlwind.



01) This song. Young Blood by Birdy. It's an oldie but a goodie. I went through a period of time when I was absolutely obsessed with finding cover songs of anything and everything. This is one of those great finds. It's a little melancholy, a little angsty, and a little bit like a lullaby.

02) This hair conditioner. DevaCurl Weightless Waves. I got my hair colored this past weekend, back at that salon that specializes in curly hair. Every time I leave there, my hair looks better than ever before. This time they sent me home with some shampoo and conditioner samples and this stuff is the shit. Nothing has helped me detangle my hair in the shower quite so well.

03) This Youtube channel if you're in school still. They have crash courses in History, Literature, Science, and more. It saved my life on the respiratory system last week. The videos are fun and informative and have the coolest graphics and animations. TBH, that is a huge part of the reason I enjoy watching them.

04) I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, and I don't often toot my own horn, but I'm blown away by how well I'm doing in my Anatomy class. My grades on exams have only gotten better. I've worked harder in this class than I think I have in any of my regular undergrad classes. Hard work (and making hundreds of flashcards) does pay off!!!

05) This photography project caught my attention on my Facebook feed this week. How brave and beautiful are these women? 100+ nude women holding mirrors stand outside the Republican National Convention.

06) Prioritizing my life has been a big theme of this week. School right now is very important, but so is time spent with those I love. It's hard to find a balance between feeling like I am personally succeeding and also nurturing all of these relationships. It feels at times like there aren't enough hours in the day, or like I'm trying to drive a bus with two steering wheels with only one arm and one leg. I'm only one person and I can only give so much. That being said, I always have crazy high expectations of myself. My mom thinks I overwhelm myself too much; I just think I'm a go-getter.


__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How was your week? 
Would you ever pose nude for a project, if it was advocating for your rights? 
Do you have any favorite songs to share?

Leave a comment, it means so much for me to actively engage with anyone awesome enough to visit my little 'ol blog! 

Follow afloat on a full sea on Bloglovin! 

No comments