September Favorites!

September was a quick month, but it was honestly filled with so many new and fun things. I think monthly favorites are definitely going to be more productive than the Friday favorites. It allows me to take a pause and reflect on an entire month's worth of discoveries!

Very fun for me, hopefully fun for you too.


I've been watching TV big-time this month. I'm not one to Netflix binge (besides Stranger Things!), instead I really love just putting on a TV show while I'm doing some busy work, or ending a long day with an hour of a guilty pleasure show.



01) The L Word is an extreme guilty pleasure show. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's so dramatic, outlandish, and vulgar that I can't tear my eyes away. I can't believe it was ever on Showtime!

02) Big Brother season finale was last Wednesday! I was a teensy bit disappointed by the winner, but it was well deserved. I don't know how they find the personalities for this show. It's just fantastic. Such good TV. Once it was over I was even tempted to watch every episode of every past season. They're all on CBS!

03) Shameless. I just started watching Shameless this week, but it's addictive. It's gritty, raw, and uncensored. Now if only I can convince my bf to stop watching episodes without me.



04) I do not have the funds to continue getting my nails done, but it's soooooo nice. The picture above is Angora Cardi by Essie and I have a color almost identical to that on my nails right now. So autumn.

05) Fat Mascara is a beauty podcast with hotshot editors for major magazines. But when they talk, they sound like my slightly older, slightly hungover friends from college. They're super cool, very down to earth. It's like a guilty pleasure podcast, best enjoyed with a swipe of mauve lip balm and a long car ride after a stressful day.

06) Now that I've witnessed the first frost of the year on my car windshield at 5am, the time to let my hair air dry in the morning is OVER. I've actually really been enjoying blow drying my hair straight for the first time in like, three years. The Kenra Platinum Blow Dry Mist makes my hair super silky and soft, and I think it's a really good heat protectant. My hair feels way less damaged than usual when I use hot tools on it.



07) 
I have been meaning to set up separate savings accounts for separate goals for a very very long time now. The Qapital app makes it crazy easy, and it's also just a super cute app! I love it. In 5 days I already have $5 saved up for my Yoga teacher training. It may not seem like a lot, but all that spare change adds up and I haven't even noticed it coming out of my checking account.

08) September was National Yoga Month and I took full advantage. I went to Yoga in the park twice, and two free yoga classes (one being Bikram, which seriously kicked my ass). I love Yoga so much. It's something that I seriously want to incorporate into my life on the daily somehow.

09) Out with the sugar! In my attempt to live a healthier, and processed sugar free life, I've been on the hunt for snacks low in sugar. Rice cakes are the best. I picked some caramel corn ones to stay in the fall spirit and all. But I also love chocolate ones with the thinnestttt layer of peanut butter on top. Yum yum.

SOME OTHER AWESOME STUFF. 

+ This Mossimo Yoga cardigan is life. It is the coziest thing to transition t-shirts and tank tops into fall. I have it in heather gray, but want it in all the colors!

+ The Relax & Unwind Spotify playlist has been the soundtrack to almost every one of my near-sunset drives. Close to perfection.

+ I organized a binder with a tab for every one of the dance classes I'm teaching this year (7!!!) and it's glorious. It's an organizers dream.

+ I've been on the hunt to interview more DMT's (Dance/Movement Therapists). I spoke with one over the phone and met with one in person. The more I search, the more it seems like this might be the path I end up choosing. Stay tuned...


Wow, that was long. 
Cheers to a quick, but full September. 
Raise a glass to an equally fulfilling October! 

What were some of your favorite things from September? 

No comments