babies + blacklight runs



Ginger peach green tea or spiced chai black tea?

A chai tea reminds me too much of fall and I'm clinging to summer with every fiber of my being. This morning it was 60 degrees and I wore a cozy grey sweatshirt to work. The cool mornings and oppressive afternoons of August are in full swing. 

Good morning Monday! I may have been running ten minutes late to work this morning, but I'd like to think I'm starting out this week on the right foot. This is my version of "Coffee Talk", a popular blogging series on several blogs that I follow. We'll sit down with our coffee (or tea in my case. I love coffee, but it gives me pretty bad stomach aches) and discuss whatever the hell we want. What's going on with us, the world, and anything in between. Let's get into my first Monday Tea Talk. 

Are you into golf at all? I never have been even the slightest bit interested, but the PGA Golf Tournament is hosted literally up the road from my bf's house and his dad is a volunteer score keeper. He got us free passes and on Friday afternoon we wandered around under the hot, hot sun, visiting vendor tents and filling our swag bags. We watched all of about 5 minutes of golf action (and I got scolded for using my cell phone during a put... oops!) but we did get plenty of free sunglasses, mini flashlights, keychain tape measures, and packets of sunscreen. 



+ Newborns are terrifying, aren't they? They're so fragile and burrito-like in their little swaddle blankets. Lucas's twin sister was home all weekend to get some help with the little guy and show him off to all the relatives. The thought of raising a child from scratch is mind boggling - who they become is a direct reflection of their parents? At this stage of the game, just seems like way too much responsibility for me. 

+ We all have bad eating days. Especially when someone who just had a baby is home, all the relatives come to visit, and the bf's mom is a self-proclaimed world class cook, right? Friday through Sunday, the house I was staying in was stuffed to the brim with delicious food - I'm talking caprese salad, pesto pasta with home grown cherry tomatoes, baked rosemary bread, crockpot pulled pork, five-cheese home made mac&cheese - and I didn't even mention desserts. I'm pretty sure I had at least one funfetti buttercream vanilla cupcake per day. No regrets! (actually, some regrets).

+ The meat of the Olympics has begun! Highlights from yesterday included women's gymnastic trials and some swimming events for medals. The behind the scenes stories of the athletes really get me. Dana Volmer taking home bronze after being on bed rest and giving birth to her chunky little monkey? Precious. A moment that got you really amped up? Mine was watching the men's relay team take home the Gold. Anotha one for Michael Phelps. 

+ Did you do anything active this weekend? A few coworkers and I did a night time 5K called the BlackLight Run. Except for we took so long to get ready (and pre-game because we're wild and crazy kids still) that by the time we got there, it was over!!! We were so embarrassed walking in as a ton of people were walking out. Luckily there was an after party at the main stage that we DID get to fully enjoy, with EDM music and colorful UV powder that was sprinkled all over us at every bass drop. The aftermath was a powerdy mess that got in my lungs, my hair, and all over my clothes. One of these days we'll complete a full 5K, I have faith!


_________________________________________________________________________________________

Join in on the Tea Talk by answering any of the questions! I hope you are all geared up to have a productive Monday and a great start to your week. 

Leave a comment, it means so much for me to actively engage with anyone awesome enough to visit my little 'ol blog! 

Follow afloat on a full sea on Bloglovin! 

No comments