July Recap & August Goals!


Did the month of July even happen? It's like I blinked and it was over. I think it's because of how occupied my mind was with my class. I was truly studying almost every spare minute of my day.

Butttttttttttttttttt...

IT'S OVER. And I survived. And so did my sanity. Words cannot describe how excited I am to have all this mental free time. So much time to read for pleasure. So much time to catch up on guilty pleasure reality TV (cough Big Brother cough). Also, so much time to research grad schools and figure out what I want to do with my life. Not as fun as the first two options, but super necessary.

With that said, here's a short recap of how my July goals went, as well as my new goals for August!


1. Pass my class with at least a B+. I checked my grades as soon as they became available and I literally got exactly a B+. I could've done better if I studied harder for the final exams, but homegirl was about as burnt out as burnt out gets. Regardless, I'm very happy with this grade!

2. Apply for at least 8 jobs per week. Kind of worked on this. I applied to maybe 8 jobs total because my class drained all the life and free time out of me. I got a call back from one! But the commute would have been way too crazy every day. Alas, the hunt continues!

3. Go stand up paddle boarding! Done in Cape Cod early this month! Super fun. Such a good workout and also relaxing. I would do this all the time if I could.

4. Have 2 days per week that I don't eat any processed foods. I wouldn't say two full days each week, but I did have some really good, clean eating days. And also days leading up to my finals when I would stress eat 5 M&M cookies in 5 minutes...

July wasn't that bad, but my class took up so much of my mental energy that I didn't feel I could accomplish much. August is also crazy, in different ways. I picked up teaching an extra Spin class on Mondays and my summer dance classes started yesterday! I teach five dance classes per week. I'm also back to my full-time morning hours at the gym, so at least I  have my weekends off.

After some thought about what's really important for this month, here are my August goals:

1. Figure out what I want to go to grad school for and make a definitive list of schools I will be applying for.
2. Contact college professors for recommendation letters.
3. Plan out each dance class before walking into the studio. #NerdStatus
4. Read at least 2 books for pleasure and at least 1 book to learn something new (preferably a finance book since my knowledge on this is non-existent).
5. Have a picnic at a winery/go wine tasting.
6. Listen to a podcast in the car every time my drive is over 20 minutes long.
7. Go to a butterfly sanctuary.
8. Take my first barre class.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's a big month for major life decisions and fun things that I didn't have time for the past eight weeks! Two of my bucket list items are on here, so I'm excited to see if I can get them done this month. 

What are some of your responsible goals for August? 
What about the fun ones? 
Have you even been to a butterfly sanctuary before?

Leave a comment, it means so much for me to actively engage with anyone awesome enough to visit my little 'ol blog! 


Follow afloat on a full sea on Bloglovin! 

No comments