friday favs: the last one

Having an unexpected 17 hours in a hospital (and in effect, a day off from work) actually made this week seem to fly by.

If you haven't yet, take a peek at my Untold Snippets of the E.R., a humorous re-telling of 17 hours of life that Lucas and I will never get back because we spent it in the dungeon that is Hartford Hospital.

In other news, I've made a decision about my Friday Favorite's posts. I think I'm going to be ending this series after this week and creating a Monthly Favorites instead. My weeks are so busy and go by so quickly that sometimes I feel like I'm scrapping together favorites of the week, and I don't want to do that! I want to give only the most interesting and useful tidbits. So from here on out, stay tuned for a Monthly Favorites at the end of each month, followed by a goals re-cap and new goals for the coming month.


But here we go, one last Friday!


01) Nice nurses are definitely up there in my favorites for this week. It's crazy how a gentle personality in such a harsh environment can make an experience much more pleasant (or as pleasant as possible, given the circumstances).

02) I've said it before and I'll say it again - when my coworkers bring me iced coffee, they bring me happiness in a plastic cup. I appreciate so much these unexpected Friday morning treats.

03) This BB cream from Maybelline is the best drugstore face make-up I've tried in a long, long time. Goodbye Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, with your ridiculous price tag. This is all I need and it blends in like a dream with just your fingers. Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's $6.79 at Target.

04) Au Bon Pain Cafe is located in the main entrance to Hartford Hospital and they might have the best damn asiago bagel you will ever try.

05) I dug deep into blog land this week and discovered the most tear-jerking love story (part 1 and part 2) from one of my all time fav bloggers, Bonnie. Her writing style is beautiful, authentic, and moving.

06) I was in the waiting room of yet another doctor's office yesterday when I found this very long (but truly fascinating) article on Buzzfeed about the cult-brand Glossier. If you don't know anything about this brand, give the article a skim. Their marketing strategy is just mesmerizing to me - I'm totally convinced I need to own that Gen G matte lip balm.

07) A couple of throwback jams. I played Get Up by Ciara and Lose My Breath by Destiny's Child in Spin class yesterday and my Spinners were loving it! Sometimes I stress myself out looking for the best and newest music. It's always a good idea to take a look back at the old favs.


How was your week?
Tell me about the best bagel you've ever eaten.
What's your go-to throwback jam?

Leave a comment, it means so much for me to actively engage with anyone awesome enough to start a conversation on this blog!

Follow afloat on a full sea on Bloglovin




No comments