Glitter, stickers, sparkle, magic.

Oh, helloooooooo there and happy Monday! 

If you weren't in blogland last night and want to read about how I actualized a seven year dream of getting my nose pierced, go on and check it here.

This weekend wasn't super exciting, but it was pretty great. After my piercing experience on Friday night, L and I went to one of our fav spots, Tisane's, a super chill bar and restaurant that brings cozy and eccentric together perfectly. We each got a glass of sauvignon blanc, cheers-ed to me being a little bit spontaneous for once, and split an appetizer of BBQ chicken spring rolls. Yummm. We settled in Friday night to watch some TV, either a little bit of Harry Potter weekend(!!) or Vanderpump Rules since we legitimately cannot stop watching this stupid show. Send help.

Saturday afternoon was spent with my adorable mama, who strongly disapproves of the new hole in my face, so I hid it from her so she did not have to see the atrocity. We took our beagle doggy for a walk in the dog park since it was predicted to be "the last really nice day of 2016". Dramatic, but damn it was a beautiful day. Not a cloud in the sky, high of probably around 65. What November dreams are made of.

When we got home we started in on some CHRISTMAS CARDS!!! My mom's workplace has a goal of making 200 hand-made holiday cards for veterans this year. I have a ton of holiday stickers and about 700 rolls of washi tape, so I volunteered all my supplies and my time and I banged out some TRULY beautiful cards if I do say so myself. I think this one is my favorite.



I cannot handle the cuteness! This of course inspired me to hand make cards for other people in my own life, so I made three and it was honestly the most relaxed and productive I've been for an extended period of time in a LONG TIME. So here's a pro-tip: if you are stressed out, craft!

That afternoon I met up with a long time friend, Courtney, to see Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them. We saw it in IMAX and it was... very loud. But I liked it! It was quite cool to be back in the magical world, even if it didn't feature any of my fav old characters. But it didn't completely wow me or suck me in. Maybe my expectations were slightly too high, but I did think that a lot of the creatures and some of the story line were a little far fetched, or that maybe too much plot was attempted to be fit into just the 2 hours and 15 minutes of the film. I'm not sure. Have you seen it? Let me know your thoughts!

On Sunday I worked with my little dancer cousin on her solo for this year and we finished it! Thank goodness too, because she's performing it on December 3rd at our studio's Christmas show and...  no one told me. I'm always so out of the loop! Jessie is a very determined and busy 13 year old girl, sometimes I don't know how she manages it all.. band, soccer, field hockey, competitive dance, all plus school, friends, and homework?! Kids, man, how do you bottle that energy.

I hope your weekend was fantastic, relaxing, inspiring, creative, and rejuvenating! 

No comments