I should've gotten a small tattoo instead

I can't remember the last time I wrote a blog post NOT at work. Don't get it twisted, I am 100% not supposed to be using the work computers for my selfish blogging usage... butttttttttttt, I do! Can you really blame me? I'm alone at that front desk from 6am to 8:45am most days. I'd lose my damn mind if I wasn't blogging and reading Buzzfeed gift guides.

So let me set the scene since usually the scene is a freezing cold gym desk lit with harsh gym lighting with a thermos of yucky coffee (since my creamer is sugar-free, what was I thinking) at 6:15am.

It's 4pm on a Sunday and I'm snuggled on the couch and the NY Giants football game is on. And they're WINNING. I just blew out our Marshmallow Fireside BABW candle so it smells decadent and my new Himalayan salt lamp is *lit*, emitting all them positive ion vibes and cleansing the air and all the other crazy magical things Himalayan salt lamps are 'sposed to do. I have Pinterest open in the tab next door, my feet are up, my socks don't match, and L is napping as per usual.

It's cozy and nice, and I'm actually not going stir crazy and I think it's because I broke out the 'ol laptop and I'm clackity clacking away. I don't know why I never use my laptop, but it's infinitely more soothing to scroll through Pinterest on this big screen than on my tiny, bright phone.

On Friday night L needed to go to a piercing place to have his ears checked out. He used to have gauges back from when he was a lil bad ass rebel in his high school era, but he hasn't been wearing them super often, so they shrunk and are two different sizes. He's pretty upset about that. But while we were there, I was feeling EXTRA WILD & REBELLIOUS and decided, y'know what, I'm gonna do something I've been talking and thinking and debating about for seven years now. I'm not lying, I've been thinking about getting my nose pierced for seven years.

But I'm a little baby, who is afraid of needles and faints when she gets blood drawn. So I have never stepped foot in a piercing place, that is, until L had to go to one anyways, and there I was, standing at the counter, and asking the super nice, super pierced girl about septum piercings.

Yeah, I have also always wanted to get a cute little nose stud or a teeny tiny gold hoop but, my friends, I work at a gym that prohibits alllllllllllll facial piercings (yet doesn't mind employees with fully tattooed bodies, riddle me that), so I needed something I could hide, that would make me feel like a little bad ass and so, here we are. The piercing itself hurt absolutely NOT AT ALL - I was truly so shocked at how little it hurt. Right now, it is healing up flipped inside my nose, just a tiny bit tender and sore if my nose grazes anything. But, I love it. I know plenty of people will hate it, butttt I don't care.

This isn't me, but it pretty much looks like this. 


My mom said the absolute funniest thing when I showed her (p.s. she hates it).

She goes: "I wish you got a small tattoo instead!" 

I just think that's the silliest thing, because I'm the most indecisive person and, HELLOOOO, a tattoo would be on me for my whole entire life! If I don't like this piercing, I can just shove it in my nose, or take it out eventually. And no scar will ever show. Hm. C'mon mother. 

I think this piercing is cool, a little bit unexpected of me, and honestly enhances my face. Here's a great article I found about this piercing in particular: I wore a fake septum piercing for a week and it was f*cking empowering

That is all, for now. I have plenty more to write about my weekend, but that's going up tomorrow morning! 

No comments