Notes on Thankfulness.

Thanksgiving Eve is upon us and I'm sitting downstairs at L's house with the trusty Himalayan salt lamp on, Marshmallow Fireside candle burning, and about a gazillion items of food cooking or being prepared upstairs. Kathy (L's mom) is a demon in the kitchen. She's been retired for I think seven years and she takes her cooking veryyyyyyy seriously.

Thanksgiving Eve is allegedly "the biggest drinking night of the year". I honestly had never heard this until this afternoon. Unfortunately, I have to open the gym tomorrow morning at 4:45am, so it certainly won't be my biggest drinking night of the year! I'm going to bypass that tradition, relax, take a luxurious shower, blow out my hair, paint my nails, and watch several episodes of Shameless.



I meant to write this post earlier this week, but I procrastinate everything so it's 5pm on Thanksgiving Eve and it's time for a little reflection. I'm linking back to Samantha Rose Says because I love her blog and I got this idea from her. :) Here are some of the many things I'm thankful for this year, this week, and this moment...

This year:
  • Finally finding some clarity about what I'm going back to school for
  • Many long weekend trips to Rhode Island, Cape Cod, and NYC
  • Getting back into the groove of teaching dance classes 
  • My parents remaining in good health
  • My poor, fat, old dog still loving going for walks with me

This week: 
  • Speaking with a super helpful admissions counselor over the phone! 
  • Deciding that a 3 year part-time grad school track is the BEST option for me financially and psychologically
  • My two super intense workouts of this week and post-workout endorphins
  • The new *premium* cool mint tea from Dunkin Donuts
  • A phenomenal gym member bringing my coworkers and I a whole entire pie for Thanksgiving

This moment: 
  • Gray on gray sweatsuits
  • L setting up the coffee machine for me for tomorrow
  • Rearranged furniture that brings so much more ZEN to our space
  • My Himalayan salt lamp (I don't think I'll ever get enough of this)
  • My super sore, amazingly tight biceps

Now I feel like I should do this way more often.
I worked out hard the past two days in preparation to stuff my freakin' face tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving Eve! 

No comments