A New Year, A New Season, Another Stab at Blogging


Well, well well.

Here we are again. The world of blogging has once again found me, or maybe I found it. The pull to document my life, goals, and dreams on the internet is strong this season of my life. I re-found my old blog, where I read about the wild changes and challenges that I was going through about two years ago. And it ignited something in me again, to practice my writing, to practice being authentic, and to hold myself accountable.

So here I am, once again, planning to write my little heart out for anyone who find this blog, but wayyyyyy more importantly, my future self. Because hi you, I know you're reading this one day in the future. And if you're wondering, I could be better, but I'm doing okay. Here is a quick recap of the past year, fast forward version, to catch myself up from my last blog that I was continually updating!

I moved. I moved from central Connecticut to right outside of Boston. It's been an interesting year of self-doubt, discovery, and light-bulb realizations about the type of person I am and the environments that I thrive in (and do not thrive in). More changes are on the horizon regarding my living quarters, but I'm not sure how long it's going to be before they come to fruition.

I decided NOT to go to grad school! Applying to grad school, thinking about grad school, and preparing for grad school took up so much of my time and mental energy at the end of 2016. It wasn't until the summer of 2017, right before I was going to begin the Dance/Movement Therapy and LMHC program at Lesley University that I made the difficult decision to defer my acceptance indefinitely. The unbelievable cost of the program was weighing so heavily on me, and I decided that I can find a career path in a similar vein and find a program that will NOT cost me over 100 grand. And honestly I do not regret this!

I fell in love... with my beautiful, perfect, handsome orange tabby cat, Cosmo! I will write about Cosmo a lot - he is the love and light of my life. I adopted him October 3rd, 2017 and his birthday is July 23rd, which makes him a Cancer, which just makes so much sense. I am obsessed with him.

I decided on a new career path, related to my current job. I currently work at a private special education school as a high school counselor and I love my job! I follow a great group of 10th graders throughout the day and assist them with executive functioning, behavior plans, classwork, and just about anything you could think of. Working in a school, in a counseling role, really led me to believe that I would make an amazing school counselor. So this is the graduate program I will be applying for this fall/winter! Woohoo!

This feels like a completely new life from the life I was leading when I wrote my last post on my last blog. And in some ways it is. But that's part of why I want to continue this online journaling journey, so that I can look back and see the progress I've made, the big changes, the little moments, and always how far I've come.

Have a beautiful weekend! 

No comments