Sunday Coffee Date.


Well I'm not drinking coffee right now but I did have hot chai tea earlier today and that was delicious. Honestly I've had a lovely little weekend and I just wanted to write about it! 

On Friday night I decided I needed to treat myself, so I took myself on an outing to TJMaxx. I didn't realize until recently how dangerous it is to have a TJMaxx only 5 minutes away from my apartment. I got sucked into the hair and skin care section, browsing all these brands that I normally can't afford! 

I ended up getting $60 worth of hair/skin care... whoops! I got a 24k gold face mask (ideal for selfie taking, which I did on Friday night), hyaluronic acid serum, a Boscia face gel/cream, a jade roller, and a Shea Moisture shampoo & deep treatment mask. Woo! So I had myself a mini spa night and was super chilled out. 

Saturday morning I woke up with a mission. I had been procrastinating cleaning out my bedroom closet for months and I decided today was the day! I went to a fun aerobics class at my gym in the morning, made myself some hearty oatmeal for breakfast when I got home, then showered & hit the ground running! 

The closet was way more of an undertaking than I could have ever imagined. I cleaned from 11am to 9pm... seriously. I did take a couple breaks (including a Starbucks break to get a PSL because hello, I clearly deserved it) but I was actually cleaning, organizing, folding, and sorting for the majority of those hours. It was exhausting but I'm SO HAPPY that it's over with and that I can actually walk into the walk-in closet now. I ended up with three bags to give to Goodwill, and have also been giving stuff away through the Buy Nothing Facebook group in my city. I also cleaned out the bathroom storage and it brings me such joy to open the cabinets to my skincare so organized and aesthetic. 

It's the little things. 

Today I met up with my friend Mary Cate and we walked around Castle Island in South Boston. Boy, was it cold! It truly felt like winter to me with the frigid gusts of ocean air... and it somehow put me into the Christmas spirit lol. I'm now craving putting up Christmas decor and watching The Grinch, but I will resist! 

I made some vegan pumpkin muffins (verdict - delicious!) while watching Hocus Pocus when I got home, and now I'm relaxing & watching Youtube videos. I am truly in denial that tomorrow is Monday. I could definitely use one more day. But we have a half day & staff potluck on Friday so I'm looking forward to that! 

No comments