September's Little Moments

I think that it's really easy to lose track of a month. It's really easy to feel like a month just flew by, not much happened, you worked and slept and ate, repeat. And that's why I think it's important to go back and remember the little moments, fun times with friends, and things that you may have forgotten about!

September felt like it flew by. But then again, when I was scrolling back through these photos, my adventures from September 1st feel like they were so long ago. How does this happen!?

Let's take a look...





On September 1st, my good friend Alicia and I decided to start our month off with a bang by conquering a 4,000 footer in New Hampshire! It was my first real, big girl hike in New Hampshire and I was pumped! Alicia is the pro-hiker of the two of us, and boy did that show on the way to this summit. I was huffing and puffing and struggling big time. But I made it to the top of Mt. Zealand, crossing parts of the Appalachian Trail, and I was very proud of myself!




I visited Castle Island in Boston, MA for the first time & took a tour of the fort! It was a gorgeous day in early September and I met my friend Mary-Cate and her family friends for a little get together at Castle Island in the shady, grassy picnic areas. Alicia came with me and we ended up taking a tour of the inside of the fort! It was cool to see the real cannons and views from the top of the walls of the fort, as well as to hear our knowledgeable guide giving us all of the Revolutionary War history!





I ended up going home to Connecticut two weekends this month! The first one was filled with events and fun activities. I went to the Hebron Fair with Courtney, Melissa, & Jared! It was so fun, especially since I wasn't able to make it to the Big E this year! I got my fried oreos/Reese's and we escaped from the hoards of teenagers into the beer garden! Teenagers are kind of scary these days, man. Maybe it's only when they move in packs. We forked up the ridiculous money for tickets on the rides and went on the Ferris wheel and this spinning ride that they have at the Big E too that I go on every year! 

That Sunday I had Adriana's 2nd birthday party and the dance studio cookout. The weather was kind of cold/cloudy but I still had fun seeing all of my hometown friends! We drank wine by the fire, talked all things astrology (well, I did...) and toasted vegan marshmallows! 




I went to Salem! The first time I went to Salem was super overwhelming because it was Halloween weekend. But it's spooky even in September! I got my friend a birthday gift from this amazing store called Hauswitch. The gift is a spell (literally a spell, crafted by a coven of witches in Salem!) to clear your home and re-energize it. I love that stuff! We walked around, going into bookstores and apothecaries galore. We stopped by the memorial for those hanged during the Salem Witch Trials and looked up some of the victim's stories. My school is going on a field trip there next month, so I'll be getting even more history on a tour when we go! 




I helped my friend, Alicia, celebrate her 26th birthday! She has had such a tough year - she recently decided to leave her husband and is in the process of getting a divorce. But man, she is one of the strongest ladies I know! She had a gift card to a fancy restaurant in the North End, so SHE took ME out for her birthday hahahah. I got probably the most delicious pesto tortellini I've ever had, and then I treated her to some gelato. The hazlenut flavor was to die for. 




My poor mama got a hip replacement! I went home to Connecticut to help take care of her during a Friday that my dad had to work right after her surgery. It was so nice to be able to come home, hang out with her, and help brighten her day. Especially since she had been soooo nervous about having this surgery. 




This was quite a busy weekend! On Friday night I went to Alaina's house with Shawn and Melissa for her birthday bonfire. Then on Saturday I went with Shawn and Melissa to Lyman Orchards to fully immerse ourselves in fall since this was on the first day of autumn! We got lost in a corn maze, drank cider in the fields, and gorged ourselves on apple crisp!

These crazy friends of mine then convinced me to go to Mohegan Sun to further celebrate Alaina's birthday! Shawn and I ran around town like chickens with our heads cut off trying to find appropriate going out clothes for me since I did NOT bring any! It was stressful but Mohegan was fun! I danced despite my feet literally bleeding in cheap heels and did not have a drop of alcohol because a) I'm poor and b) I was so hungover the previous weekend from going to my coworker's band's show that I was traumatized to drink again. YAY!




This last weekend of the month was another basic fall bitches dream. Alicia and I went to Brooksby Farm in Peabody to get out the city and into an apple orchard. We each picked a peck of apples, got apple cider donuts, apple cider, and different kinds of fudge! I tried some pumpkin fudge and it was actually delicious. 

Wow! When I look at my month like this, taking stock of everything that I actually got to do, it seems like it was quite a month, filled with food, family and friends. 

It's the little moments, man. 

No comments