Currently Loving + New Moon Mantra

Image result for new moon in libra mantras
{image via http://www.thehoodwitch.com/blog/2015/10/11/new-moon-in-libra}

Good morning! 


Today I'm writing from the couch of my parents house as my dad warms his feet with an electric heater. Yesterday was 82 degrees and we were all wearing shorts, so this is only a bit confusing.

As this first week of October wraps up (I am obsessed with having today off, as it's Columbus Day weekend!) I thought I'd drop a couple nuggets of joy that I've been loving on this past week. I also love looking back on these to remind myself of them at times I'm feeling uninspired or stuck.

Nikki Vegan
This Youtuber dropped into my recommended section and I am soooo grateful for that algorithm. Her videos are unbelievably relaxing and somehow have the coziest vibe to them. Her studio apartment kitchen is adorable but also functional and realistic and her recipes are easy, affordable, and look delicious! I'm not 100% vegan at the moment, but I'm pretty close, and I want to try literally everything she makes. I plan to binge watch about 50 of her videos later this afternoon, before my drive back to Massachusetts.

Small Town Murder podcast
This is the podcast that has been getting me through my long drives and annoying morning commutes. The guys on this podcast are comedians, so if you don't think true crime and comedy should ever mix, it's probably not for you. However, they never make fun of the victims or the victims families (because they're assholes, not scumbags!), more so they rip on the small-town-ness of the majority of these cases and it is so. funny. 

Real Simple magazine
I was walking through the grocery store with my mom yesterday and just had to pick up this magazine. There is something so serene and inspiring about the minimalist design of it's pages. Not to mention this issue had tips for organizing, relaxing, and fall decorating - three of my favorite things.

Cleaning out spaces
I was inspired, upon returning to my parents house, to tackle one of my monthly to-dos and make my old room here more livable. My parents had been using it as a storage space, so I remedied that real quick by transferring a bunch of random objects to their basement. A new duvet cover, freshly washed sheets, and general tidying has made it a much more refreshing space to come home to when I visit Connecticut. Now if only I can transfer this cleaning inspo to my apartment!

Journaling
I haven't physically written in a journal in a while, and while cleaning out my old bedroom I stumbled upon my journal from 2017. Re-reading it start to finish was enlightening. I can't believe I failed to keep a journal in 2018! Obviously I went straight to Barnes & Noble and found an adorable journal hand-crafted in India that I hope to fill with the few remaining bits of this year, and commit to documenting all of next year. It really is wild to look back on my shifting perspectives through the months, and I look forward to being able to do that again!

And lastly... New moon in Libra energy. The new moon is always all about setting up intentions that you want to focus on and grow throughout the moon cycle. As the moon becomes full, the hope is that your intentions will also come to fruition! My new moon mantra, according The Numinous on Girlboss is:
When I commit to clear seeing, I can see my legacy.
This is all about seeing a clear vision of my professional future, and getting out of auto-pilot in my daily activities and habits in order to make conscious and intentional choices that will aid me in pursuit of my dreams. I can get on board with that.

Have a beautiful second week of October. 

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/19635649/?claim=4yjz6jmtj4k">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments