What September Taught Me.


To honor my pull to share and write about my life. I hold myself accountable through blogging/journaling. Even though I love the old-school appeal of a paper journal, typing is just so much easier for me. Even if no one ever reads, I know I'll have the joy and opportunity to look back on it myself one day, and I love that.

That R&R is not something to feel guilty about. I am a busy, busy gal. But every once in awhile, I'll have a completely free weekend, with no traveling back and forth from Connecticut and no major plans. That happened once or twice this month and I tend to feel a smidgen of guilt for doing literally nothing. But, when I fully settle into relaxation, I realize that this is what my body needs after full exertion and stimulation during my work week.

Fall is my nostalgia season. I was talking to Alicia about how there's just something in the air, something about the smell of fall, that takes me back to so many different seasons of my life. I find this so much more powerful now than for any other season. And I think it's both a good and a bad thing, because it's comforting, but it also has me subconsciously my present to my past, and I'm trying to stay more present in general.

It's time to kick it into high gear. I'll admit, I was a little bit lazy in the summer. I quit my second job, wasn't very responsible with money, and let a lot of home projects fall to the wayside. Now, I have to pick up the pace. I'm hopeful about getting a second job as a tutor, I need to clean my entire apartment, and it's time to get serious about applying to grad school. The last few months of the year will be busy indeed.


I cannot believe that tomorrow is the first of October.

No comments