1 Year of Blogging

One year ago this month, I wrote my first blog post. It's been a wild ride since then.

I've actually had this blog domain for a long time - and by that I mean a few years. And I wrote on this blog domain before but the posts were kind of a hot mess so I either privated them or deleted them. But I officially began blogging CONSISTENTLY, and with content that I actually like (and sometimes have a love/hate relationship with) this time last year.


My writing style has evolved TREMEDOUSLY in one year. It's a little crazy. I don't know what I was thinking with all that center alignment... not to mention a link break after pretty much every sentence. But basically, I figured out my personal writing flow and how I like blog posts to look. I think before, near the beginning of this blogging debut, I was really trying hard to emulate certain popular bloggers with large audiences, and a brand, and a platform. 

Uh, hello, that is not me. So it took a learning curve, but I've more or less got it figured out now. Just don't scroll back to May...

I thought it'd be fun to take a look back at my most popular and my personal favorite blog posts of the past 365 days. 

MOST POPULAR: 

How To Get Out of a Major Funk - an illness had left me bedridden, unmotivated, and uninspired. I use fun gifs to give steps on how to reinvigorate yourself. This is my most popular post! 

5 No-Brainer Ways To Have a Prettier & Happier Week - it seems like we're all trying to get our shit together, huh? These are five ways, one for each day of the week, to bring a small jolt of happiness into your life. 

The Ultimate Autumn Bucket List - don't we all just love bucket list posts??

How to Hold Onto That Summer Feeling - staying summery and battling seasonal affective disorder are two topics I tackle in this motivational to do (or NOT to do) list. 

MY PERSONAL FAVORITES: 

Why Am I Still Lonely? - finding personal autonomy within my relationship is something I struggle with.

We're All Just Faking It (Adulting, that is) - does anyone really buy toilet paper before it runs out EVERY TIME??

That Time I Cried in a Bank of America - or how to handle disappointment immaturely... 

The Two Types of College Seniors - as told by a college graduate survivor. 

One Year Since Costa Rica - I really just want you to look at pictures of me on a beach since it's literally snowing right now. 

Happy Hour Gone Wrong - what happens when drinks are buy 1 get 1 FREE and you don't really drink all that often anymore. 

And so many more. How much do you love trolling back through your blog archives and reading your own POV from the past? Am I the only one?? I love cringing at my attempted puns just as much as I love smiling teary-eyed reading myself talk about taking risks. 

If you could narrow it down, what is your favorite blog post from this past year? 

No comments