The ULTIMATE Winter Bucket List

I don't really believe in being bored. For any given season there are literally thousands of things you can do to get festive, get in the spirit, or entertain yourself! I write these little bucket lists, not just for other people, but as a reminder to myself that there are a ton of fun things I can do to appreciate whatever season I'm in. For years I have hated winter (hey, thanks SAD), but there are still so many fun things to do this season. Especially in the spirit of CHRISTMAS. So here are some ideas of what to do, eat, drink, listen to, watch, and make this winter season. :)


TO DO:
  • do a polar plunge
  • mush with sled dogs (there's a Groupon for this near me!)
  • attend a Santa Con
  • go to a tree lighting ceremony
  • go ice skating outdoors
  • go sledding with whatever you can slide on (trashbags work great on packed snow)
  • invest in some good snow boots
  • plan a getaway for March, right when you're getting super fed up with the snow/cold
  • go snow shoe-ing
  • have a cozy movie/game night in with friends
  • catch snowflakes on your tongue


TO EAT/DRINK:
  • unlimited Christmas cookies
  • gingergread houses
  • eggnog
  • Bailey's in your hot chocolate
  • Starbucks delicious selections (my fav is peppermint mocha)
  • snowcream
  • Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride tea
  • candy canes
  • comfort food (broccoli & cheddar soup, anyone?)


TO WATCH/LISTEN TO:
  • the Rockette's Christmas Spectacular
  • a Nutcracker ballet
  • both versions of How the Grinch Stole Christmas
  • Ariana Grande's super sassy Christmas album
  • all of the Yuletide classics on Pandora radio stations
  • my absolute favorite seasonal movie, A Christmas Story
  • Cirque Du Soleil's holiday show
  • the 25 days of Christmas on Freeform
  • the first (or second, or third) snowfall
  • the entire Harry Potter movie franchise
  • an audiobook you've been wanting to get around to 


TO MAKE:
  • paper snowflakes
  • 100 Christmas cookies
  • hot chocolate for traffic cops and crossing guards
  • new ornaments for your tree
  • a personalized Christmas playlist
  • hot chocolate dipping spoons
  • a DIY holiday manicure
  • a snowman!
  • a fire in the fireplace
  • a road map of your 2017 plans

I'll definitely be doing as many of these ideas as I can fit into my Christmas season and my winter. Let me know if you have any cool ones that I haven't thought of! 

P.S. if you missed it, I also did a pretty cool ultimate bucket list for autumn. Check it! 

No comments