The Friday Five

First Friday of December, and Christmas season has officially begun. 

I am so excited. I have so many plans for December, as you know if you read my frantic and uncharacteristic December plans post. I am fully prepared to dive headfirst into the Christmas season with a holiday manicure later today, a visit to a house that looks like Christmas threw up all over it 24/7 365 days a year, decorating, making a gingerbread house, and picking out our Christmas tree. I have typed Christmas FIVE TIMES since beginning this blog post.

So that's where we're at.

Here are five things that brought me joy, intrigued me, made me think, etc this past week!


1SE (1 Second Everyday) app
This app is a movement that I had no idea about until I decided I wanted to try taking more videos in the upcoming year and making more compilation videos about cool places I go. I started searching around for video apps and lo and behold, this is the OG. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. You take 1 second long snippets from videos you can either take from the app or import from your camera roll and the app compiles them into a montage that would put Hallmark to shame. I was able to make a decently long video from clips I'd take between 2015 up until now and.... it was touching, hilarious, and SO CUTE. So a new goal for 2017 is to take a video every day so I can have an awesome 365 second long video at the end of the year.

Starbucks Peppermint Mocha
I just can't help it, I'm basic around the holidays. And that's fine. The Starbucks Peppermint Mocha stomps all over the Dunkin Donuts one, can we all agree? I'll gladly shell out the extra 2 bucks for that creaminess and real, genuine peppermint flavor (but only twice a month because I'm still on that tight budget).

Roadtrippers website
I have this pipedream of roadtripping down to Georgia in the early spring, seeing Atlanta and Savannah, and then flying home. Then I looked at prices of rental cars and that about went down the tubes. But this website is so cool! You can put in your starting and ending points and it will literally show you EVERY INTERESTING STOPPING POINT along the way. You want weird roadside attractions? National parks? A road trip entirely based on waterfall locations? Check! I'll be planning out several more doable roadtrips around New England, but a girls gotta dream, you know?

Reminiscing on past vacations
Planning out my travels for 2017 is the most exciting thing I've been doing... but also super stressful. Like for example, Norway might actually be too expensive in August. And we may want to fly one way into a country, take trains to a couple of places, and fly home from another country. And finding the cheapest way to do that is HARD, especially so far out. I've been daydreaming about my past vacations a lot, specifically Costa Rica (pictured above). I don't know how we survived because I barely planned that trip, lmao. I decided we were going in late February and we left in April. I feel like I can't quite have that mindset when trying to see several countries in Europe...

My workouts (and the Steady app)
My workout routine has been AWESOME (still thanks to a previous Friday favorite, Whitney Simmons. I love her, please go check her out on Youtube). I've been breaking them up into categories: Back & Biceps, Chest & Triceps, Shoulders, Legs, Abs, HIIT, Full Body Circuits, and LISS. Sometimes I'll do two on one day, sometimes I'll do just one. To keep track of it all so that I'm evenly working out my body, I searched high and low for a not-so-complex habit tracker app and the only one I could find that was nice and basic was Steady. It isn't perfect but it works for what I need it to!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. 

No comments