The Friday Five

This week... this week has been ROUGH.

This is the week that I want to just quit my job like a badass - drop an armful of paperwork all over the ground, grab my belongings, and stomp out the door with a big fat PEACE OUT. That is how fed up I am with work.

My dance classes were all over the place this week. They are rambunctious. It's almost Christmas. I understand this, but oh my goodness they were a struggle.

My mind is all over the place with my grad school applications. My college professors have almost all submitted their recommendations for me. I still have to speak with an admissions counselor for one school. But then yesterday I started contemplating a 20 day yoga teacher training retreat in another country... so there's that.

But! Here are five things about this week that brought the spark, yah?

Peppermint Bark
One of my coworkers recently returned to work from an injury and she brought with her a GIANT plate of peppermint bark and some kind of mystical blondie bar that contained m&m's, coconut, and walnuts. But the peppermint bark literally had to have had crack in it. I can confidently say that I singlehandedly ate two-thirds of that plate. Now my mom bought ingredients to make a similar recipe this weekend so I may actually just turn into a plate of peppermint bark.

Got it done lists
Recently I've been making got-it-done lists in my brain dump journal instead of to-do lists in my planner. It makes me feel infinitely better about myself to see all the shit I got done in a day (and it's usually a lot more than it feels like!) than all the shit I was too lazy to do and didn't get around to.
  
Full body circuits
For awhile I've been doing workouts just based on one or two body parts at a time (ex. back and biceps day, shoulder day, etc) but on Tuesday I did a full body circuit incorporating one or two exercises for EACH body part. So I did a circuit of chest, then a superset of back and biceps, a tricet of triceps, shoulders, and abs, and a tricet of legs, legs, and abs. And it was KILLER. I mainly focused on cables, but used a resistance band and kettle bells as well. I definitely recommend at least a couple days of full body.

Best of 2016 Spotify playlist
Spotify regularly kills it with my Discover playlist, but they put together a big one of all my most played songs from 2016. So basically all my favorite songs from a whole year all in one spot, and I didn't have to do any work to get them there. Thanks Spotify!

Back to the old...
I was a redhead for the later part of high school and all four years of college. Then I had a change of heart and decided I needed to go blonde. Now my hair looks and feels like straw and it's time to go back to the tried and true. I loved being a redhead! Today's the day!


& one unfavorite... CAR TAXES. How is it that every year I forget about car taxes? Well, last year I didn't have to pay them because a couple of weeks before they were due, I totaled my car. This year it's really cramping my style and pretty much all of my birthday money is just going to my unfortunate car taxes. Ugh.

HAPPY FRIDAY! do you have any holiday plans? Time is running out! My mom are and I are making peppermint bark, I hope to finish up my Christmas shopping (lol) and I would really love to see home holiday lights. My friends and I might also go to that Cirque du Soleil holiday show. We'll see!

No comments