All The December Things

Another month, GONE.

I did a pretty good job in November of living my mantras. I was spontaneous, I continued writing in this blog for numero uno (me, obviously, ahah), I did not contribute to Thanksgiving dinner but then again I was banned from the kitchen by crazy female relatives, I did start texting my long distance friends more, I didn't do Yoga but I downloaded some Yoga apps and meditated so... success! Onto the next month (and the last... wtf)


December is the last month I have to get it together for 2016. How am I supposed to fit all of this into 31 short days??!?! I feel like a mad woman. I've drafted several calendars for the month of December already, trying to figure out if I can see a light show, bake several dozen batches of cookies, finish Christmas shopping, and run a 5k... all in one day.

Help. Send help. 

The end of a year has never felt so frantic and short for me. Yes, I want to squeeze it ALL IN. Can I? I dunno. I have four weekends to try and do what feels like seven million different things.

So because this month is so wild and crazy I've literally settled on breaking it down into weeks 1 through 4. I wish this was a happy happy crunchy granola goals post like I've been doing, but we JUST DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT THIS MONTH. '

Week 1 (12/1-12/4)

  • get my festive manicure on Friday afternoon 
  • visit The Christmas House Friday night (a house that's been featured on Christmas Wars and shows like that) 
  • decorate EVERYTHING
  • finish buying Christmas presents (cuz it's pay day tomorrow, heyyy!) 
  • go to my dance studio's holiday performance Saturday evening
  • go to L's friends' Friendsgiving Saturday evening (if time permits)
  • get a Christmas tree Sunday afternoon 
  • work on grad school applications


Week 2 (12/5-12/11)

  • use my free facial gift certificate before it expires on the 11th
  • go to a festival of lights on Friday evening
  • have a wine night with coworker friends on Friday evening (not sure if I can do both ^^, lolz)
  • go to Santa Con in Boston on Saturday 
  • have my friend give me a tour of her campus in Cambridge on Sunday
  • work on grad school applications


Week 3 (12/12-12/18)

  • bake Christmas cookies... at some point
  • see the Cirque Du Soleil Holiday Show with my dance studio Saturday night
  • go to NYC for a day trip and walk around in awe and wonder on Sunday
  • work on grad school applications 


Week 4 (12/19-12/31)

  • celebrate my birthday in true 24 year old fashion... with tequila shots and cheese quesadillas on Monday night into Tuesday
  • get a massage on Tuesday, my actual day of birth
  • wrap up the Christmas presents! 
  • have a wonderful Christmas with my fam, then with L's fam in Massachusetts
  • do SOMETHING AWESOME for NYE (I'm begging you, any ideas? I still don't know!
  • APPLY TO GRAD SCHOOL. 


I apologize that this was likely the most hectic and stressful goals post you've ever read.
I'm laughing maniacly just looking at it :')

I feel frantic and like I need to pour some Bailey's into my coffee asap, so excuse me while I go try and make a thousand paper snowflakes while online shopping while listening to Yuletide carols while watching Elf while scheduling my facial.

xoxo

No comments