Happy Hour Gone Wrong

Good morning and happy happy Monday. But I am honestly devastated that this weekend is over because it was some of the most fun I've had in a damn long time. It starts out with me being the most drunk that I've been in... over a freakin' year. Because happy hour hit and it hit hard on Friday night. And when drinks are BUY ONE GET ONE FREE (literally, free. Totally free. I can't believe it either), happy hour can knock you flat on your ass. Also literally.

this shit is dangerous... 


So L and I were just chilling out, planning on having a totally relaxed Friday night, when we spontaneously decided to go to Asian Bistro, this magical happy hour place just minutes up the road. He was only drinking wine, so naturally he had three glasses - meaning that to take advantage of the happy hour special and "get our money's worth", as I kept saying, I had to get three drinks. So naturally I had one and a half personal scorpion bowls and a mai tai. And when I say that I was shitfaced, I mean it wholeheartedly. Because that shit tastes like JUICE and it's impossible to tell how much you're drinking. From what I remember of trying to run away outside the restaurant, refusing to give L my keys to drive us home, rolling in the grass in his side yard, refusing to enter the house, running into the storage room and throwing myself down on an extra mattress on the floor - yes, I was a disaster.

And this was all before 7:00pm.

Needless to say, we did nothing else on Friday night because ya girl was laid out. I woke up at 4am with the worst hangover I've had in over a year. After tossing, turning, moaning, puking, and fighting to stay alive for a few more hours, I had L run to CVS for me to get the only things I know to work to cure my unreal hangovers - yellow Gatorade and original cheddar Goldfish crackers.

I was so insane in college that I've probably been hungover to a point near death over 30 times. I pretty much have my hangover cure down to a science, and no matter what anyone tells me, this is the only thing that I'll believe works for me. 

THESE ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT CURE MY HANGOVERS: 
- no less than 10 hours of sleep
- throwing up quite a lot 
- yellow Gatorade
- original cheddar Goldfish crackers
- not being touched or spoken to for no less than 10 hours 
- a lukewarm shower when I'm finally a little more human

After coming to around 2pm I was finally able to interact with the living, help L clean our apartment (which I'd partially destroyed) and settle in to binge a little bit of this season's American Horror Story. This show is usually too freaky for me and don't get me wrong, IT IS STILL SO CREEPY. But I'm kind of enjoying the plot line and different set up of this season. We're only on episode 3, so we'll see if this changes. 

The first day and a half of my weekend was eventful enough because of my intolerance to anything besides tequila (what was I thinking), but the rest of the weekend was so amazing that it deserves its own post so this one doesn't get too long. Check back to hear all about a haunted house, too many Coronas, a white van full of 12 adults, and a spontaneous decision to take the scenic route. 

No comments