Pretty In Pink

I've been talking about doing something a little more fun with my hair for awhile now. On Friday I went to my go to salon in New Haven, CT and Lucy turned my Pinterest hair dreams into reality.

I decided to go the pink route because in my opinion, girls with pink hair have more fun. Also, breast cancer awareness month is October, so what an appropriate time to go pink. And I thought it'd just suit my skin tone the best out of all the colors I was contemplating.

So first she put some lightener in it because the ends were already blonde, then she detangled it which took about 30 minutes because I hadn't run a brush through it in a few days... oops. Then she applied the color which was called rose Tuscany.

Rose Tuscany. How beautiful does that sound?

Lucas was watching Lucy's baby, (Lucas and Lucy are twins, by the way) so while my color developed we played with him and watched him sleep in his stroller a little bit. He was being so good, he barely made a peep the entire time his mommy was doing my hair!

Pinterest inspiration // the final results 

I love it!!! Pink but not too pink. Fun, but not too crazy. 

And my hair is still brown at the top, so when I wear it in a ponytail it's all "business in the front, party in the back." Hehe! 

The only downside is that my hair feels a little bit like straw. It always feels amazing when I leave the salon and then I'm totally incapable of getting those results on my own. But I have some sulfate free color preserving shampoo, sulfate free wave gel, and did a coconut oil hair mask yesterday. I just may need to use that coconut oil every damn day. 

After the hair transformation, Lucas and I got a slice of pizza at a tiny Italian pizzeria downstairs from the salon. Later that night, we went to a pop-up carnival in his town where he won me a stuffed penguin by playing a squirt gun game against a bunch of 8 year olds. It was hilarious. Then I got me some fried Oreos because you just have to get fried SOMETHING at a pop-up carnival! 

Saturday
We went pumpkin picking and I had some hot apple cider and apple crisp. So overall, it was a terrible eating weekend. *shrug* You gotta do what you gotta do when you have a serious autumn bucket list to accomplish and eating your weight in apple and pumpkin treats is a definite necessity. Despite the fact that you're participating in a weight loss challenge... oops again.

Saturday afternoon I had a little gathering of friends at my house. We decorated with minimal dollar store decorations (spider webs and Zombie Zone! caution tape) and ate veggie pizza and home-made mac & cheese in the backyard. We had a small fire roaring in our fire pit and toasted marshmallows for s'mores. It was our last little hurrah before the cold weather sets in, since we'd had a cookout in my backyard earlier this summer. Then a few of us went out dancing and I cut loose with a couple of tequila and OJ's and a totally expected impromptu dance battle with one of my best friends, Shawn. 

Sunday was spent relaxing, even though I did have to make a trip to the dance studio to work on a dance solo for my little cousin. My aunt, my mom, and Lucas hung out in our backyard while we were gone, gossiping and clipping coupons. On Sunday night we chilled hard, and watched a strange little movie called Five Dances - if you LOVE modern dance, you will be enamored by this movie, but otherwise you may get fed up with the heavy levels of angst, silence, and lack of real dialogue. 


Now, Happy Monday! 
This weeks forecast is literally unreal. It's going to be upper 70's, even 80(!!!!!) a couple of days. So I'm going to take full advantage of that and plan to go for a walk or work out outside every day that I can.

How was your weekend ?

No comments