A Big Change, A Subtle Shift

October, man. We are in you.

This is one of my favorite months. Halloween has always been a favorite holiday of mine - I was quite a spooky kid. Princess costumes were boring in my book - I was a witch about six years in a row and then dabbled in fake plastic vampire teeth and synthetic costume shop blood.

If I was going to be a princess it had better have the word "zombie" in front! 

I was a huge fan of dress-up too. I had a dress-up bin that was probably the largest storage container my parents could find. Wigs, old dance costumes, capes, fairy princess wands, Cinderella slippers, and body glitter piled on top of each other would topple out onto the carpet whenever a friend came over and it was time to prepare a fashion show for our parents. 

One of my goals (but we aren't calling them goals) for October is to stop taking myself so seriously. A small subset of that goal is to change up my appearance in some way, just for fun, just because I'm young and I can still get away with it. 

I'm 23 years old and I've never pierced anything besides my single pierced ears, never got a tattoo, haven't really had a proper haircut in maybe six years, never dyed my hair a crazy color (unless kool-aid red, BY ACCIDENT, in middle school counts). 

I think I'm boring. And I don't like that at all. 

There's an edgy little firecracker inside me but I'm so scared for some reason of expressing myself outwardly. I'm soooooo sick of it!

I am t w e n t y  t h r e e  y e a r s  o l d.

To be fair, I strongly believe women have the freedom to drastically change up their appearance at any stage of their life. If you're 40 and you suddenly want to get your eyebrow pierced, GO FOR IT. I just feel like I'm the youngest I'm ever going to be, and why not just do something now. If not now, when.

So I have an appointment to get my hair done this Friday, or maybe next Friday, and this is what I'm thinking. 



1. purple on the tips?  2. this darker rose color?
3. i honestly think this is fucking gorgeous 4. so subtle, but so cute.

Which one do you like the best? 
I hope my boyfriend's sister, who does my color, doesn't want to kill me for wanting to do this to my hair. We worked really hard on making a super blended balayage for like, the past four months... whoops! Sorry Lucy, hehe. 


Leave a comment, it means so much for me to actively engage with anyone awesome enough to start a conversation on this blog!

Follow afloat on a full sea on Bloglovin!  

No comments