Lost My Shit in Target, Oops

I remain convinced that Target is a black hole for unsuspecting victims like me, whose pay day was this week and who are feeling invincible. It sucks you in, swirls you around in its vortex, then spits you out - limping, frantic, hauling overflowing plastic bags, $100+ poorer.

I'm here to warn you. It happened to me, it could happen to you too. 
I hate Target. But ohhhhhh, I LOVE Target.

Here's what I picked up on my mini shopping spree yesterday! 


1. adorable "trick or treat" Halloween pillows for $5.

2. super duper soft long sleeve Merona shirt for $12.

3. five strands of bats on a string, which my friend Courtney literally ripped me a new one for spending $7 on something I could so easily DIY with black construction paper and tooth floss. oops! 

4. 6 foot strand of LED pumpkin lights for $3.

5. Merona brown combat boots for $37. I have never owned a pair of brown combat boots and these are SO CUTE. 

6. Contigo insulated tumbler with a straw for $12. Very necessary since I'd been using my boyfriend's mothers tumbler cup while she was in Italy and now that she's back, she can't find it because I need to sneak it into the cupboard while she isn't looking...

7. I got one of these wool wide brim hats!!!! It may have been $26, but I cannot wait to wear this at the pumpkin patch this weekend, when I'm too lazy to wash my hair, out to dinner - everywhere. Lucas said it makes me look like a witch... EVEN BETTER. 

8. And then this Kale shirt for $12 really spoke to me since I consume kale literally every single day. 


What's your biggest weakness at Target? 
Mine is clearly... a little bit of everything. But you know what? Yes, these things are material possessions. But sometimes material possessions CAN bring you great joy. When they put you into a blissful state of holiday spirit, when you get a jolt of confidence just putting it on, or when a super stylish hat means you can sleep in 40 minutes because you don't have to wash your hair. ;)


HAPPY FRIDAY!
Leave a comment, it means so much for me to actively engage with anyone awesome enough to start a conversation on this blog!

Follow afloat on a full sea on Bloglovin!  

No comments