Becoming blonde(r)

For the past three days I haven't washed my hair and it hasn't seen a style other than a bun with a THICK headband to cover my over an inch long roots.


Above is me rocking that thick ass headband in the bathroom at work. 
Yesterday was the day to fix that hot mess.


A mess. A big hot mess. So I went in there having searched on Pinterest for a few hours the night before. And when I usually get my hair highlighted I want to be a golden goddess. Like goldilocks fo days. But I read somewhere that cooler skin tones (like me with my constantly pink face) look better with more of an ashy blonde tone. Ashy sounds scary and weird to me but I asked for it anyways. I showed the girl this picture that I found on Pinterest and some other random ones as I mumbled about what I thought I wanted. Ultimately I always tell my hair girl that I don't know what I'm talking about and just to make me pretty. 


I'm not sure how I feel about the on purpose darker roots, I may do that next time. Anyways, hair girl warned me that although ashy hair is really pretty, if she just plopped a bunch of ash on my head it may look like my hair is gray and I might freak out. NO THANKS. She's a genius, so I think she did a mix of ash, beige, and golden or something like that to ease me into it. 



The process begins. Look at those nasty roots and that somehow satisfyingly straight hair part.
The whole thing altogether took about two hours which isn't bad at all considering she also gave me a trim and a blow out. I love my hair girl, she asked me for relationship advice and she's like six years older than me. Lolz to the idea that I might have any expertise about that.

Time went by, I scrolled through my phone, and then....

MAGIC.



Transformed into the blonde goddess I'm meant to be. I think this is the most blonde I've ever been. I'm not mad about it, I just hope I can condition it enough so that it doesn't fall out in chunks. 

It's worth the money, to me, to have a professional do something for me where I can relax and know that it's going to make me feel so good about myself and reinvigorated. :) 

No comments