Realistic February Goals



I’m not TOO into astrology, but I have to tell you, I read my yearly horoscope this morning and shit was SPOT ON.

Financial troubles on the horizons? Well, my car didn’t start again this morning, so I’d say yupp!

A month-long slump in January? Definitely.

September is going to be about reaching towards my long-term goals? Hello grad school applications!

I guess Mercury is finally out of retrograde, meaning that I’ll be feeling more productive, happier, and a lot less like my whole world is falling to pieces. According to my horoscope, 2016 is the year I will be “giving structure to my dreams”.

So to kick February off on the right side of the bed, here is a list of my small-ish February goals:

1. Buy a vehicle. This is ESSENTIAL.
2. Create a realistic and maintainable budget on paper/in excel format so that I can hold myself accountable to every penny I spend.
3. Read my three new books; The Body Book by Cameron Diaz, Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty, and You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero.
4. Do something cute, hand-made, and special for my sweetie for Valentine’s Day.
5. Get a move on in this blog – set it up on Bloglovin’, figure out what the heck an RSS feed is, try to get comments enabled and a newsletter – generally a giant list of things I have absolutely no idea how to do. (FYI: This blog is never going to have one of those fancy headers called “Blog Resources” like most successful blogs do because I don’t know the difference between CSS and SEO… so there’s that).
6. In the theme of Valentine’s Day pampering, take care of MYSELF more. Deep condition my hair, use the thickest body butter, paint my nails and massage oil into my cuticles… all of this is ideal and wonderful but I often have no idea how picture-perfect, put together girls have the TIME to rub all of these cremes and oils into their hair and body. This month I’m going to try to figure that out!
7. Pass Spinning certification and get assigned at least one Spin class to teach at the gym I work at!

Goals are great, they hold you accountable and if you verbalize them or write them down, they make you feel guilty if you don’t complete them!

No comments