THE FRIDAY FIVE



WATCHING: A winter wonderland outside. Here I was, thinking we were all done with snow for the winter, having only gotten a measly 5 inches that melted in about 5 days. This compared to last winter where I was regularly shoveling 2 feet of snow off my car before heading to work. BUT NOPE. We’re set to get 5-8 inches here in grimy Connecticut and all my teacher friends have the day off from school. How about coming to the gym to keep me company?….

THINKING ABOUT: The food industry. I’m currently being inundated with all of this new-to-me info about the food industry and all the fucked up shit that goes down in it. It’s literally like a conspiracy theory. I’m in the process of reading The Body Book by Cameron Diaz, earlier this week I watched part of the Netflix doc “Fed Up“, & yesterday my mom brought home a book from THE DOLLAR STORE (I must visit this Dollar Store ASAP) called Sugar, Salt, Fat all about how what you’re eating is basically killing you. Go read or watch these things and inform yourself!

LISTENING TO: Cannot stop playing Sugar by Robin Shulz and Roses by the Chainsmokers over and over and over again. I don’t really know what genre this music is but I’ve been really diggin it lately.

EXCITED FOR: Catching up on The Bachelor tomorrow, and SUPER BOWL SUNDAY. I may not have any plans yet, but this is probably gonna be my biggest cheat day of the year and I plan on eating my greasy, cheesy, fried heart out. Not sure who I want to win yet.. Peyton Manning because it may be his last game? Or the Panthers because I have family in the Carolinas and their colors are prettier?

FEELING LIKE: kinda crappy tbh. I made the mistake on Monday of making the bold claim, “I haven’t been sick once yet this whole year!” *knock on wood* Apparently the wood I knocked on was wood textured plastic because I woke up this morning with a killer sore throat. Between the nasty kids I teach dance to and my gross coworkers spreading their germs everywhere it was only a matter of time. At least I have the weekend to wrap myself in a blanket with hot tea, Apple TV, and a hundred bowls of chicken noodle soup…

Who’s kidding who, I’ll probably go to the gym tomorrow for three hours.
HAPPY FRIDAY to any of you beautiful people reading this.

No comments