5 No-Brainer Ways To Have a Prettier & Happier Week

Another Monday, another fresh start.

Last week was pretty weird. If you read my Friday Favorites, you definitely know I was feeling a little bit off.

It's fine to have an off day (or week). It's all about how you recover from it.

This past weekend, Lucas and I went to New York City, baby!

Stay tuned for some better pictures from his fancy pants camera and a recap of our mini trip. For now, here is a basic iPhone photo of my attempt at modeling on our bougie chaise lounge overlooking some NY buildings.


Now, onto our regularly scheduled programming.

Here are 7 absolutely no-brainer ways to make this week prettier and happier. 

Two things we could all use more of, am I right? & I'm even going to schedule it for you. Or more like myself. These are my personal plans, but feel free to follow my lead ;)




Monday >>> Have an important talk.

If you are in a relationship, have roommates, whatever the case may be, this is what you should do on Monday. Talk about all the important stuff, and get it all out in the open.

Financial stuff. When bills are due. Any kinds of conflict. When work meetings are. The plans for the week. Some dinner ideas. What everyone's plans are for the weekend, & scheduling in some fun.

Getting this convo over with at the beginning of the week (and laying it ALL OUT IN THE OPEN) opens up the rest of the week for just a good 'ol time.



Tuesday >>> Indulge in a favorite show.


On Tuesday I will be glued to my TV screen watching the season premiere of The Bachelorette with my girl Jojo!

I miss it every Monday night because I teach dance classes Mondays, & after I get home from teaching I pass the f out.

Schedule a fav TV show to auto-record & thank yourself later.



Wednesday >>> Hang some art.


Idk about you, but I am not about to spend $25 on something that I can print FO' FREE in my living room.

I love art, but I'm simply not at a point in my life where I can roll out the piggy bank for it. I'm sorry.

That's why I'm all about free stuff on the internet.

Like these cute, FREE typography printables.

I especially love the "Whatever is lovely" one.

Super easy peasy, print out something beautiful, frame it or not, put it somewhere you'll see it every day. Bring some extra prettiness to your life, why not?



Thursday >>> Find a new playlist. Bump it with the top down. 


Being a Spin instructor is hard, man.

You're always on the hunt for amazing, motivating, heart-pumping JAMS.

& I'm sure everyone else out there likes good music. That's why, if you aren't using Spotify yet, I just don't understand what you're thinking!

Spotify has a gazillion playlists and music stations already created just for you.

For every mood, atmosphere, & type of workout you can think of!

Some of my absolute favorites are under the Workout category & are called Cardio!, Workout Remix, & Hiit Hop. Just to name a few. There are gazillions.

You don't just have to work out to these. 'Cuz they are the perfect songs to put you in an awesome mood & get you psyched for your day.


Friday >>> Buy yourself some greenery.

Flowers, succulents, little hanging vines.

I want them all. But I never buy them.

I justify not needing a bamboo stalk from Shop Rite because I have a black thumb. I'll definitely kill it within hours.

I want you (& myself, included) to treat yourself to some beautiful plant(s) that will bring life to your space.

Then, actually take care of it, LOL.

I never have fresh plants in my room & I've always wanted to. They bring a space to life, pump out that extra oxygen, and the color green is supposed to inspire creativity and calmness.

& they're pretty. Enough said.


--

I hope you have some neat plans to make your week prettier & happier.

Just always remember that we become what we surround ourselves with, so plan accordingly. Sparkles, champagne, plant life, happy people, & good music are all very welcome.

& HAPPY MONDAY.





No comments