FF - Recovery Week

This week was pretty much as unproductive as last week, just because I'm doing this new thing where I don't push myself when I'm sick and I actually allow myself to heal and get better.

Innovative! 

I hope everyone's weeks were satisfying and full and that you maybe felt some rays of sunshine on your damn skin. Cuz let me tell you, Connecticut is not feelin' that way. I want sunshine, I NEED sunshine. But this weather is not delivering. Rude.

Here are some things I've been loving on this week.

This snack: 



These maple frosted rice cakes are from Marshall's of all places, and are "lighter than a cookie and more satisfying than a cracker". I conquer. They're freakin' delicious and only 50 calories per pouch. A random gym member brought them in for us and now I'm going to have to search high and low to restock! 

This song: 

All On Me by Gyptian. 
I heard this lil jam on the radio and Shazamed it real quick! It's just such a happy little tune for some summer driving or a Spin class or an outdoor BBQ. I am a sucker for music like this. The funkier the better.


This beauty thing: 


White nail polish is where the classy betches go for spring and summer, I swear. I feel so chic and sassy and cool with this on my nails. I painted them with some cheap shit from the dollar store and it borderline looks like white-out, but also took over a week to chip. So sometimes the price tag ain't everything, y'all. 


This tattoo: 


I've been wanting to get a sunflower tattoo for the past couple of years now, but I could never find the perfect one. This one is freakin' beautiful. Dainty, elegant, and unique. I LOVE IT. Now I just have to save up the money and grow the balls to actually place this on my body. 

This quote: 


Basically this quote sums up why the sunflower tattoo means so much to me. Having been through very difficult times in my past, and made it through by always trying to find positivity and optimism, it is the perfect quote and the perfect image to keep close to me at all times. 


What were some things you loved this week? I hope your week was full of interesting finds! I have no plans this weekend besides more rest and recovery, so hopefully that goes well and I don't find myself doing anything crazy like jumping out of a plane, canyoning to some waterfalls, or attempting a 10k for fun. But you never know. I'm pretty unpredictable sometimes. 


No comments