FF - I'm Back Bitches

This week FLEW by.

And I'm a-okay with that.

Time is slipping through our fingers and going by faster than ever for me these days, but the weekends are those rare occasions where I feel like I can take a deep breath and let it allll sink in.

So I'm ecstatic to say HAPPY FREAKIN' FRIDAY.



This week was great for me, I hope you too! The sun was out, and I felt sunshine on my skin for the first time in 2 WEEKS, GUYS. TWO WEEKS.

To say I was lacking in the D (vitamin D that is, hehe) is a huge understatement.

I dragged myself out of a major funk this week & I'm super proud of myself.

That's why I feel like it's 100% appropriate for me to say I'm back bitches. 

I was not myself the past two weeks. Between being sick 2 weeks ago and recovering last week, I was feeling lazy, unmotivated, lethargic, even depressed.

But something snapped back "on" inside me this week and it's been full steam ahead every day. Hell yah!

Here's what I've been loving on this week.

THIS SNACK: 


My boyfriend's mom hoards up on this yogurt and he steals it for me. Mwahaha.

This is skyr, which is ACTUALLY an Icelandic cheese made from skim milk. 

Weird, I know. But it actually has the same properties as Greek yogurt, with plenty of protein & calcium. 

The great thing about skyr though is that it's even THICKER than Greek yogurt, and sweeter (with less grams of sugar than most brands of Greek yogurt... how is this possible?? Witchcraft). Which I love and appreciate, thanks Siggi's. You're a real pal. 


THIS WORKOUT PLAN: 

(source)

I have started training for a 10K. 

This is a huge deal for me. I literally never passed the mile run during fitness testing all through elementary, middle, high school. NEVER. 

I had asthma and was a chubby, unathletic little kid. 

I honestly can't tell you the first time I successfully ran a mile without stopping. But it was... recent. 

I've been using the Nike+ Running App, which one of my friends recommended me. & I have it set so that I get "coaching" every minute of my run. Literally.

I find that sooo helpful. Because I'm needy & need to know how far I've gone/how much longer I have to go as often as possible. 

I've been using this training schedule because it's cute & not overwhelming. & I ran (consistently!!!) the longest I've ever gone yesterday at 3.56 miles. 

HOLLA ATCHA GIRL. 

Again, this is a big deal for lil 'ol me. Remember - asthma all throughout public schooling. It used to take me 20 minutes to complete a damn mile. 

One thing to add - I cannot run on a treadmill. It's abysmal. It's boring. It hurts my shins. It's the road or nothin' baby. 


THESE SONGS: 


In Common by Alicia Keys. 

Guys, this is a jam.

It's kinda got that feel of Work by Rihanna and One Dance by Drake. I don't know why but they all sound somewhat similar to me. 

Love the line, "If you can love somebody like me, you must be messed up too."

UGH, YES GIRL. 



CAN'T STOP THE FEELING by Justin Timberlake. 

JT is back with another jam. 

If this isn't the happiest damn song to blast on a sunny day, well I just don't know what is. 

Summer music is the best, now excuse me while I snap my fingers while doing a two-step away from the haters. 


THIS HABIT: 

May we all one day be as majestic as this woman drinking bottled water. 

When I was sick, I really let myself go.

Downnnnnnnnnnnn the tubes. 

I was 7,000% dehydrated at all times. 

I didn't have the energy to lift my head, much less sip and drink water. 

It was literally pathetic. 

Now that I'm better, I'm trying to make it a solid point to put the RIGHT things in my body.

The other day I got this adorable polka dot cup with a straw from Target in the dollar spot, aka the most dangerous place for wallets of twenty-something females on Earth. 

Like, OMG everything is a dollar! It's magical! It's wonderful! But suddenly you have 50 things in your hands and with tax, you can say adios to a day's worth of pay. 

Beware the dollar spot.

But anyways, this cup is so cute, that it's motivated me to drink water ALL THROUGHOUT THE DAY. 

Usually I'm good about drinking water while I'm at work. It helps me pass the time. But now it's like I need to have this cup with me at all times. Phone, wallet, dollar spot cup. Check, check, check. Ready to go. 


That's all for this Friday. 

Tomorrow is my longest run of the week for my 10K training (& also my longest run EVER IN MY LIFE) so wish me luck! 

Other than that, I might go out for some dranks + dancing tomorrow night, I'm going to try and post some clothing items to Poshmark since I haven't begun working on that goal yet, maybe go to to the movies or go out to brekky, & just relax and rejuvenate.

I actually have so many plans coming up for the weekends, so this one should be savored.

Hope you had a full & uplifting week and have a gorgeous weekend! :)

No comments