Mother's Day Edition


Mother's Day is Sunday, and I can't wait to head to Target this week and pick up some brand spankin' new pots and pans for my mama bear.

Seriously, the woman doesn't need anything in this life as much as she needs new pots and pans. Everyone will thank me later. 

My mom is literally the best. She doesn't try to be superhuman - she has one job that she really doesn't enjoy too much, she doesn't meal prep for shit, she works out occasionally but letsbehonest not consistently.

But man, she has a heart of freakin' gold.

My mom didn't grow up with much. She is one of five siblings and her parents weren't very well off. Her mother had depression and alcohol problems and wasn't there for her emotionally. But my mom gave me the most rich and loving childhood of anyone I know.

She worked second shift so she could stay at home with me when I was sick and stayed home from school. She would pick me up from high school anytime I had terribly debilitating period cramps (which was every single freakin' month. God bless getting on birth control at age 16). She would put together the coolest craft projects for me to do. All my friends were jealous. In fact, 95% of our Christmas tree ornaments are proof of these craft projects, and we still hang them every year. She would always bring cupcakes to school for my birthday, and even my friends birthdays. She still bakes us the best damn boxed cake you'll ever had for each of our birthdays. She would stay up late into the night with me working on poster board projects for science class that I had put off until the last minute (complaining every second, but she would still do it!)

My mom is there for me emotionally in every way. She rubs my back when I come sulking into her room after a long day. She will watch any movie I make her watch. She gets along with my boyfriend so well it's kind of scary.

She's the most accepting and beautiful human being I know. 

Mother's Day is all about making your mother figure feel special, loved, and appreciated. There's really nothing I could do to put into words or even actions how special of a person my mama is.

So she's getting some beautiful, shiny, functional new Paula Dean cookware and she better love it. Almost as much as I love her, and also love the chocolate chip banana bread she will make me using her new pots and pans :)

Cuz she is literally the best.





No comments