THE FRIDAY FIVE


THINKING ABOUT: how strange and unlucky this week was! On Monday night I fell off a chair during one of my dance classes and the corner of the chair went straight into the side of my stomach, leaving me with a gigantic deep bruise. On Tuesday there was a "snow storm" that turned out to be just rain and my Tuesday night dance classes were cancelled for the third week in a row. On Wednesday there was a crazy thunder/lightning storm that cracked a tree in half in our backyard and it landed on our shed. Also on Wednesday someone bought the car at a dealership that I was hoping to buy. And yesterday I had an allergic reaction to new laundry detergent and was itching my legs so hard they almost started bleeding and L had to bring new pants to my work for me to change into. Should I start carrying around a four leaf clover/lucky rabbit's foot, orrrrr.....

LISTENING TO: two songs, one which I Shazammed in a Spin class, the other which I found on one of my favorite music apps, Soundcloud. Something About You by Majiid Jordan and the Roses & Money Mash-Up by 3LAU. UGH, so good. Electric hip-hop, EDM, whatever you wanna call, this is my favorite genre of music right now.

FEELING LIKE: it's time to make a change. I've been really unhappy with my eating and work out habits for awhile now. I'm not planning anything out in advance and because of that, I have nothing to stick to and hold myself accountable for. It's time to start color coding my life and getting my act back together.

PROUD OF: how productive I was last night. Some nights I have a hard time finding any motivation to get things done because I'm SO TIRED from my 5am-1pm work shift during the day. Yesterday I just didn't press pause and kept on going and going. I threw in a load of laundry, plucked my eyebrows, did a skin treatment, painted my nails, changed the batteries in my vanity mirror (I know this is a small thing but it's legit something I would put off from being too tired), packed my breakfast and lunch, set my clothes AND makeup for the next morning, folded laundry & put it away, and tidied my room. Normally I'd lay in bed for four hours watching Youtube videos. Made a to-do list and crossed all that shit off and I was feeling goooood.

EXCITED FOR: Nice weather this weekend. Possibly hiking??? Making some Spin profiles and playlists. Going to Sephora and getting some new skincare, although I can't decide between this, this, or my tried and trusted (but so expensive) Nude milk serum. I have a $50 gift card but with great Sephora gift cards comes great responsibility. Getting a new car. Planning out a month's worth of meals for March. How great that illiteration sounds?! March's Monthly Meals. If that doesn't have a ring to it, I don't know what does!

No comments