April Goals

Andddddddd just like that we are a quarter of the way done with 2016. Is time accelerating or is that just me? That's definitely a theory that's out there right now, right? Geesh.
  
HELLO, APRIL. 

April showers bring May flowers unfortunately looks like it's proving to be accurate the next fifteen days, according to my Weather app. Rude.



Yes, that is snow that you see on the forecast. What a sick, twisted joke.

Anywhos, ANOTHER FRESH START TO A NEW MONTH. Who's excited? * Raises hand and jumps up and down * I'm a sucker for a fresh start and a new set of goals, man. Nothing quite tickles my fancy like that 1 on the page when you flip the calendar.

Let's recap my progress on my March goals, shall we?

1. Buy a vehicle. HALLELUJAH. PRAISE. #BLESSED. I accomplished this goal this month, of purchasing my adorable little black 2012 Honda Civic EX. I love her. She has heated seats, a sunroof, a spacious tan interior, and Bluetooth. She is everything I thought that I could never possess in a car because my parents have always bought old, crappy used cars. I'm breaking the cycle. 

2. Eat clean. Lol, so I did already write a post about this. But I broke 11 days in. Not bad, but certainly not good either. Also, no one told me that Easter was in March. For some bizarre reason I thought it was in April??? So this was a super unfair disadvantage, just sayin'.

3. Be active AF. This is where I start being super proud of myself. I was really into my Fitbit this month and had some incredible streaks of active minutes. I was active over 5 days of the week for three weeks in a row. Bam! 

4. Get your read on. I didn't start the body book like I planned on, but I totally finished Big Little Lies and wrote a review for it here. Amazing book! 

5. Be proactive. Meal plan for every day. Totally only did this for three days, lolz.

6. Out with the old. Didn't get around to this in the month of March, but it is the top of my list for this new month. 

7. You are #1. I may not have gotten a massage, but I did shave, moisturize, and paint my nails more often than ever before! I also won a facial treatment in a raffle in a Zumbathon! Which brings me to.....

8. Try something new! Not only did I take my first Zumba class, I participated in a Zumbathon! It was super fun, and just exciting to try something out of my normal routine. 

So overall, I'm actually extremely proud of myself for the month of March. No I didn't accomplish every single thing I set out to do, but I came pretty close! Now, onto the next one...



1. Spring cleaning! This is now at the top of the list. I'm in love with this whole obsession with minimalism that's going on. I will binge watch Youtube videos of capsule wardrobes and people cleaning out their closets. Out with the old, and good riddance!

2. Work on long term goals having to do with grad school and OT. I've already set up some dates to shadow OT's in different settings and my first one is today! I'd also like to start reviewing Anatomy chapters for my class that starts in June. Research grad schools and GRE requirements.

3. Attempt clean eating again. Break my 11 day no dessert record. Remind myself that my body is 80% diet and that I spent months trashing it with Thanksgiving food, birthday food, and Christmas holidays food.

4. Create a financial plan. Super boring I know. But I have to figure out a game plan to pay off my crippling debt and build some savings accounts to make all my dreams come true #GrandCanyonVacation.

5. Read for knowledge. Dive into The Body Book and You Are A Badass. Learn some new stuff!

6. Continue being active af. Try to hit 10,000 step goal every day. Do another Zumba class. Try a BodyPump class. Check out a new gym that has lots of class options and consider signing up. Variety is ze spice of life!

7. You are still #1. Taking care of yourself is muy importante, both to your physical and mental health. So, continue this habit, but include hair mask, flossing, even more shaving, body butter, nails and eyebrows. Oh and I'm getting my nasty grown out highlights fixed on Wednesday, so that's a thing!

Weeeeeeeee! New month, some new goals, and some old. Let's do this.

Also, and in case you didn't notice,
P.S. HAPPY FRIDAY !

I am staring out of this dark tunnel and right into the bright and flowery fields of a four day weekend so excuse me, I have a glass (or 3) of wine waiting at home for me in approximately seven hours, a dance performance tomorrow night, and a day trip in Rhode Island on Sunday.

Too bad it's going to snow.

Oh well, you can't have it all my friends!

No comments