RI Vacation & Snow in April

Hello, hi, and happy Monday!
And boy oh boy, what a happy Monday it is, since this little chickadee has the day off!

I had a dance performance at my alma mater this weekend in Rhode Island, so Lucas and I decided o make this into a little weekend getaway. Unfortunately, the weather didn't decide to cooperate in terms of us doing the Newport cliff walk or going to Colt State Park, but we enjoyed our getaway anyways. Take that Mother Nature!

FRIDAY
Friday night I spent in, while Lucas went out with his friends. I did do some reading of my first ever self-help book, "You Are A Badass - How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life". That's one hell of a title, huh? I like it so far, but as the same time feel kind of guilty reading about to attain all my dreams when like, kids in Africa have to walk five miles there and back to get clean water and all that, ya know?

Is the glare coming off that book blinding you, or is it like staring right into the Golden Gates of Self-Help Heaven? I'll let you know when I'm done reading the book.

I also did some heavy bullet journal planning which like, ohhhhh my goodness, I'm so excited to write a blog post about. It's totally perfect for me. 

SATURDAY
I had to be at the school at 2 for my dance performance at 7:30. We rehearsed the piece from 2-4:30, then I checked into the hotel and managed to squeeze in a quick dinner with my old roommate, Katie! It was great to catch up with her on our crazy lives since we only see each other a few times a year. Our dinner was so short and impromptu that I wasn't able to take any pictures! Aw, man. 

My dance show went great. The performance was actually completely packed, it looked like every seat was taken, and I got to see some old friends and dance professors from the school. It warms my heart that so many people came to support the performance! My dance partner, Michael, likened it to a bunch of our friends coming over our house to watch us perform. That's kind of what it felt like, lol.

After the show Lucas and I went OUT. We haven't gone out drinking together in forever. But our hotel was honestly only 500 feet from three bars, so we hit up two of them, Dirty Water Pub and Aidan's. Dirty Water Pub had live music, and we sat on the top balcony and watched! Super fun and relaxing. Then Aidan's was the complete opposite atmosphere and had a dance floor and club music. It was so fun and hilarious to let loose with my honey. 




Lols to shitty quality bar pictures.

SUNDAY
We were going to leave on Sunday morning, but woke up with snow outside our windows (wtf mate) and decided to stay another day. Why not???

We went out to breakfast at a cool diner called Green Eggs and sat at the counter. Lucas got too much food, as per usual, and I got Texas style French Toast with berries and cinnamon sugar. And of course coffee milk, cuz hello! When in RI, do as the Rhode Islanders do. Peep my Insta for the pic of my delicious French Toast breakfast ;)



Then when we realized that our hotel didn't have a microwave to heat up all of our accumulating leftovers, we literally drove a half hour to the nearest Walmart and bought a microwave. I wish I was kidding, Lucas justified it by saying that he needed one anyways...


We relaxed HARD CORE in the hotel for the afternoon while it snowed on and off outside, then went to dinner at one of my favorite Asian restaurants called Jacky's Galaxie which was actually voted one of the best Asian Fusion places in the USA! Here we proceeded to of course, get way too much food, and were treated to amazing service by our awesome little waitress.




It was so fucking delicious.
Yes that is a giant personal Scorpion bowl that just I drank. Also we had special shots called a Peppermint Patty and a Naughty Redhead. Holla!!

MONDAY
Today, on the day we had to check out, we woke up and it was of course BLIZZARDING. But we had to go home anyways, cuz staying in that hotel was really gettin a lil esspenssiveee. Of course we had to stop to take some basic pictures by the water in the snowfall.





Then we stopped at a place in Warren that is this gift shop called Imagine! I can't believe I've never been to it. It's voted one of the best gift shops in America! It has three floors and some really neat stuff. The umbrellas that were hanging from the ceiling looked so pretty and like we were in wonderland.






Overall, it was a really great weekend and ended with some great news... Lucas got a call back from the job that he interviewed for on Friday aaaaaaaaaaand HE GOT THE JOB! So exciting, so happy happy happy for him! It's a job I think he'll really enjoy because it's so hands on and physical. And he's a little puppy dog with ADHD sometimes.

So we're going to the movies (since it's his favorite thing ever) to celebrate tonight! My dance classes have been cancelled from the snow, which is exciting but terrifying since we only have a short number of weeks left before the recital... omg.


#Basic.

Have a wonderfully happy and productive Monday!

No comments