Getting that ass back in shape


Everyone goes through weird phrases of life, right?

A month where you're really into peppers, or will only eat peanut butter if it's refrigerated, or will be completely obsessive over your fitness tracker... but then after awhile that random preference fades.

I've had this with SO MANY THINGS.

What side I part my hair on, if I like painted nails or natural, wearing stud earrings or not, shaving my arms for God's sakes, refilling a water bottle instead of using plastic ones, if I wanna be a blonde or a redhead, if I like rings on my fingers or not, making a smoothie per day, healthy eating, and unfortunately, working out consistently.

Life is an ebb and flow, and we change our minds, need new viewpoints, and get busy and distracted with a hundred zillion different things.

I'm making a HUGELY conscious effort to make healthy eating and living an ingrained ritual instead of just a passing habit.

This is all I did last week:
Spinning Monday night
Weight training Tuesday 
BodyPump Wednesday night 
Taught Spinning Thursday night
Friday rest day, took a walk
Taught Spinning Saturday morning 
Sunday hiking! 

Case mountain in Manchester, CT.
2.3 mile hike to the top and back down.
Overlooks Hartford and Manchester, some say you can see all the way to Springfield, MA.

Looking pretty douchey posing in front of rocks. Also, why do I look so short? Oh yeah, cuz I'm a 4 foot 10 inch chicken nugget. 

Man-made waterfalls are so pretty, but nothing compares to the beauties we saw in Costa Rica



See why I maybe have a reason to be proud of myself? You wanna know what I did to make sure all that activity happened last week?

This is the secret.

You have to plan it all out on Sunday night.

That's really it. I used to wing it and just think I'd find time to exercise throughout the week. Not true. Hah.

If I put it on my schedule, somehow, it magically happens.

Planning is the key to success. 

Guess what, it works with eating too. Last week Lucas and I meticulously pre-cooked an absolute shit ton of meals. Do you know what I had to eat? An absolute shit ton of brown rice, veggies, chicken, salad, eggs, and fruits. So many peppers.

Lucas grilled up this sexual buffet on Sunday since it was 78 degrees and we were praisin' the good Lawd for the spring weather. Chicken, pork, onions, green & red peppers 

Sunday afternoon egg muffin creation with peppers, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, and spinach. Yummy in the tummy and perfectly microwaveable. *thumbs up emoji*

Do you know how many pounds I lost?

5 lbs. in 6 days. 

I don't know if that's normal and I do realize that a lot of it is water weight and bloating decreasing because I'm no longer eating 4 servings of loaded mac & cheese and an entire Moe's chicken burrito with 2 cups of sour cream spread on top. But I have been 20 pounds overweight since getting in a car accident in November so this is really really really exciting news for me.

#30DayCleanEatingChallenge for the win.

Again, planning is the key to success. How are you going to succeed if you need to get your ass back in shape like myself? Plan it out, and watch results zoom on in.


No comments