2 Festivals, 1 Spin Class

Hello Monday. Monday, you are not welcome this week. I try to start each week off with positivity but I can definitely do without Monday on this particular week.

That being said, this weekend was fun!

Friday Lucas and I had our first CHEAT DAY of our #30DayCleanEatingChallenge and we spent it at Ben & Jerry's and Plan B Burger. Friday night I went out dancing with some of my friends for one of their birthdays'. I don't do that very often, so it was a nice treat for myself to let loose a lil bit.

 The Tonight Dough with Jimmy Fallon included chocolate and caramel ice cream, cookie pieces, chocolate globs, peanut butter chunks, and brownie batter. This is what ice cream wet dreams are made of, people. 

 Yes that is four cheese mac & cheese with BBQ pulled chicken because I just cannot help myself. I just can't. I try and I can't.

When we do cheat day, we do cheat day right. Then lay in bed for hours afterwards, with stomach aches, hating our poor choices. 

Saturday Lucas and I went to a special event at the gym that I work at. There was a Spinning class held by our gym for a young guy named Ian, who was born with cerebral palsy and at the age of 18 months was told that he would probably never walk. Ian overcame so many odds and is now a Spinning Instructor based in Florida, who travels all over the world going to conferences and teaching classes.

Apparently, all Ian wanted for his birthday was to come to East Hartford and co-teach a Spin class with Matt, his good friend from Spin conferences and the director of our Spin program. So on Saturday at noon they hosted a special event, complete with glow sticks, disco lights, and light up neon speakers. Ian was SO inspirational. The class was completely full and Lucas and I really did almost shed a tear a couple of times.

We were so wiped out afterwards that we just laid in bed and watched TV the rest of the day. Lucas had an overnight shift so I binge watched some episodes of Girls on HBO (great fucking show), and snuggled him when he got home.

Sunset from either Friday or Saturday. Just had to include it because I took my dog for a sunset walk, something else that I haven't done in what feels like forever. 

Sunday was one hell of an eventful day!

I went to yoga in the morning, which I haven't done in FOREVER. This is a friendly reminder that my body and mind need yoga, on the reg.

Then Lucas and I went to this wild place in Middletown called Wild Bills. It's like a thift shop meets strange and unusual museum. I swear, this was one of the weirdest places I've ever been to. Any way you look you'll see stacks of records, stuffed deer heads, metal contraptions that looks like medieval torture devices, giant plastic clown statues, and wind chimes made of animal teeth. It was a hoarders dream.




I guess we went on the right day because around the back of the store is a giant lot that was holding a free Earth Day concert! It was scattered with hippies and grunge-styled folks, and little art vendors and food stands. Lucas and I were so overwhelmed! We looked like the quintessential Rhode Island couple.. I was wearing a chambray shirt and Nautica slip-ons and he was wearing a Watch Hill shirt, lmao. It was really cool though, and nice to hear live music!



Then we drove on over to New Britain for the Little Poland Festival. This was obviously way bigger - a whole street was blocked off. There was a gazillion street vendors, info tents, and food trucks. We went a little late, so all the stands were out of potato and cheese pierogis, which I was VERY disappointed about. But oh well. We wandered around here, watched some more live music, got a FREE bag of mini donuts, just appreciated each other and the sunshine and lively atmosphere.

Afterwards we went to a bar and got drinks with a few of Lucas's friends. Phew! What a packed weekend. What did you do? Anything super fun? Anything super relaxing?

As long as it was restorative in some way, I'd say it was a success. :)


No comments